Saturday 18 June 2011

Squeaky or Streaky?

This is a post that's been brewing for a while, it just didn't make it all the way to the keyboard.

What is it with toddlers and nudity?  Why do they feel the need to remove their clothes, and then their nappies, at the slightest hint of an opportunity?  And then run around the living room, bottom in the breeze, giggling like it's the funniest thing ever?  I really don't understand.

We'd been doing relatively well on this front until recently.  It was only the nappy that had to be removed.  OK she'd lift her dress or t-shirt to show off her Star-Bellied Sneetch style belly button, but generally clothes stayed where they were put.  Only now she's figured out removing normal trousers, and her yoga pants.  Which is obviously followed by taking off her nappy.  That leaves one pair of cropped trousers with a belt, and leggings safe from the irresistible urge to feel the wind on her cheeks.

I'm sure it's just a phase, and it only seems to happen at home (I've not yet had reports from the nursery that she's been stripping off there), but dear sweet deity, it's only got to happen once and I'll never be able to go to town again!



Squeaky's new soundtrack?

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Yes. Bat actually removes leggings more than anything else - jeans are still safe but anything stretchy can come off at any time. I'm putting her in lots of bodysuits to preserve the nappy, because she can't undo the poppers under the crotch. Yet.

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?