Saturday 11 June 2011

Going Potty?

Sometimes I think I might be, you know.

No, actually.  What it is is this... how do you start potty training? And when?  Squeaky's 17 months next week.  For quite a while now, she's waited until she's had a wet nappy changed before doing a poo.  And she's now telling us (sometimes, not reliably) that she needs her nappy changed because she's done a poo in it.

So. Where do we begin?  While the nursery are good, and will help in whatever way they can, I kind of feel like I need a week or so off work, so there's some continuity, at least to start with.  I'm also a bit wary of starting too soon.  With a lot of Squeaky's learned skills (cups, self-feeding, cutlery, etc) we've waited a bit longer than some of her friends, until she's been really ready for it, and then it's been a breeze.  Could the same happen here?  I don't want to delay her unnecessarily, but I don't want to push her too far too fast & create problems.

(When are they ever going to send me Squeaky's instruction manual?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?