Sunday, 22 June 2014
Saturday, 21 June 2014
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
We're on our jollies right now, hence the quiet from me, as I'm relying on free WiFi and large coffees.
However, I had to share this photo because it shows a massive step forwards for Squeaky. Until now she's demanded to go to mini disco and similar efforts, but when it starts, she's refused to join in and clung to my leg like a limped. This year, though, she's right there, front and centre, joining in and wanting to run the whole thing.
Monday, 9 June 2014
Thursday, 5 June 2014
|Mr Grey, apparently|
Tuesday, 3 June 2014
I'm sorry, but it's true. Farts are funny. Fact. I'm told this all the time by Squeaky, though being 4, she doesn't have the most refined sense of humour yet. One day though.
It got me thinking, mind. Farts are generally funny, at least to break the ice if nothing else. Farts in a maths lesson, hilarious. Farts in a Pilates class, expected. Farts during a smear test, cringeworthy. It's something about the level of vulnerability, as well as the proximity of someone else's face to your stinking nethers.
So, come on, admit it, where's the worst place you've let rip? (For full disclosure, I was mentally writing this post while getting a bikini wax and holding in a mammoth trump.)
I hate writing these kind of posts, because I never know what to say, but here's a few things that might help you get to know me.
- If I don't answer you it's not because I hate you, it's because I'm deaf & probably can't hear you.
- I like wine, gin, vodka, coffee and diet coke. Not all at the same time.
- If it sits still on a plate, or in a glass, I will at least consider trying to consume it.
- Gin is the answer to many of life's questions.
- I will be wearing flat shoes, no matter what a personal stylist might say.
- I am not going to apologise for having a suntan, but I'm spending the preceding two weeks on holiday, so will be shattered.
- My hair is currently messy, blonde-ish and wavy. However, a month ago it was neon pink, so there is no way of knowing what the next two weeks will hold.
- Last year I managed to win both an iPad and a coffee machine, wonder what this year will hold?
|How my hair might not look.|
Squeaky is, err, shall we say assertive. She likes to manage, direct, instruct, and generally tell everyone else what to do. If there's fun to be had, she's definitely the one making the decisions.
With this in mind, we made the most of the recent sunshine & headed to the beach for some good, old-fashioned family fun. Sandcastles were built, as long as they met with her planning restrictions. Ice cream was eaten, Sun cream was liberally applied to all exposed surfaces, water was consumed in a way rarely seen in the UK. And we did as we were told.
First, Miss Squeaky demanded a hole to sit in. Then the hole was extended to fit legs. And then she insisted on being buried in it. How could I say no? Do you know, I even helped her get out afterwards, though I don't think her shorts will ever recover. Two trips through the washing machine and they still look like she had an embarrassing accident in them.