Monday 9 June 2014

The puzzle of tv

I really don't understand my brain sometimes. I've got a fair old collection of movies on dvd. Less than I had a few years ago, when we had a big Music Magpie purge, but still a big pile of films I can't exist without owning, so I can watch them whenever the mood takes me. Mostly from the mid 1980's, but let's not mention that part.

Why is it then, that I never seem to bother watching them on dvd, yet whenever I find one of them on "actual telly", I absolutely, positively HAVE to watch that film right there and then? I might not have even thought about it in months, but if I find one, flicking through the channels to avoid Casualty, everything else has to stop until the end of the credits. And woe betide the channel that cuts the best bit of the credits out. (E4, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, I mean you)

Rarely watched.
I'm sure I can't be the only person who does this. In fact, Squeaky is no better. Despite having a Peppa Pig dvd collection to rival Nick Jr themselves, she never wants to watch the dvds, but will fixate for hours (or days when Nick2 becomes the Peppa channel) in front of episodes on the telly with adverts in between.  It must run in my side of the family, Daddy watches dvds all the time, especially of things last shown in 1972. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?