Monday 13 June 2011

Teething Bling Review

To say I was excited to be sent a Teething Bling necklace through the post would be an understatement. I've eyed up other people's pendants with a worryingly envious look for a while now, and I had to take off all my pre-baby jewellery when Squeaky arrived as she was very quick to master the art of pulling and hurting me.  The fact that they're a Cardiff based company was also a big appeal - I'm a firm believer in supporting local businesses, and I'm almost always one to go for the local option over the big chain.  The identikit High Street scares me.

Smart Mum UK are the sole distributor of Teething Bling in the UK, stocking pendants and bangles for both mums & younger daughters.  The pendants are made of the same silicone used in teething toys, and are soft and chewable, but they look like the more rigid jewellery available in fashion stores.  The pendant is hung on a silky soft cord, with a breakaway clasp at the back.  Squeaky does tug hard on the cord, and the clasp doesn't give way under normal use, which means your pendant isn't in danger of getting lost, but I've tested out the clasp, and it does release given a pull, which is an important safety feature. The jewellery is also non-toxic, phthalate, BPA, PVC, latex and lead free, designed with teething babies in mind, and putting parents' minds at ease that there's no nasties waiting to jump out.



My pendant came beautifully wrapped in an organza bag, and when I opened it I found a Mother-of-Pearl pendant. There was a tiny bit of me that would have loved one of the bright coloured pendants, but in reality I think Teething Bling have been reading my blog, because the Mother-of-Pearl matches my wardrobe beautifully.

Squeaky demonstrates "chewability"
I've worn my pendant every day since I received it, to compliments from all sorts of sources.  The staff at Squeaky's nursery were very impressed, especially as she chose to demonstrate the pendant's chewability for them.  They said they'd never seen them before but it seemed such a simple & sensible idea.

Squeaky very quickly got the hang of the pendant.  She's very interested in lanyards & ID badges (both Daddy & I have to wear them for work), and so she was pleased to be able to play with one without being told to leave it alone.  As you can see, chewing comes easily, though we often have to take it in turns, as she also enjoys making me chew the pendant before taking it off me.

Teething Bling pendants are £12.95, and bangles £8.95.  You can also choose from a range of pre-matched gift sets, choose your own set, or give a gift card to let people choose their own colours.  I think they'd make a great gift for mums, big sisters,or grandparents, maybe even from baby themselves.

Disclosure: I was provided with a Teething Bling pendant free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a vanilla scented one...it is like having an air freshener around my neck...I smell so sweet!! Freddy feeds it to me as well! They are a great idea! Lovely review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?