Monday 24 September 2012

Special K Biscuit Moments Review

Yum yum!
Say it with me, people. OM NOM NOM!  It's food time again here at Squeaky Towers.  The very generous people at Special K recently sent me some of their new Biscuit Moments to try out.  In the interests of blogging of course, not just because I am a greedy mare (though I am, it must be said).  I'm a major snacker, so having something healthy to grab is vital if I want to fit into my jeans.

I wasn't really sure what to expect before the postie came with my parcel.  I've seen the cereal bars before, and the cereal itself, so I wondered what the Biscuit Moments could be.  Well, there's only one way to find out!

The picture on the box, and the packet inside look very much like some of the other snack bars in the biscuit aisle.  The ones that are filled with flavoured raisins, no matter what the flavour on the box says.  That's where the similarity ends though.  The strawberry Special K Biscuit Moments have actual strawberries in their fruit filling.  The biscuit is light and crisp, and doesn't cut the roof of my mouth to shreds (a problem I seem to encounter with other bars).

Nails: Bourjois 1 Seconde - Rainbow Apparition
On to the taste, and there's no way to avoid this: they are mega-moreish!  The fruit is sweet without being sickly, and the vanilla swirls on top are just enough.  But rather than the two in an individual pack, I could easily sit and eat a couple of packs, and if they weren't wrapped in two-biscuit portions, I could see the whole box going in no time.  (That might say something about me, mind you)

The two biscuit serving has just 98 calories, so it's a healthy alternative to the snacks that tend to appear in our office, and they go very well with a cuppa and a five minute gossip.

Special K Biscuit Moments are available in Strawberry & Blueberry flavours, and are available in TescoAsda & Sainsburys (and probably other places as well).  RRP for a box of 5 two-biscuit servings is £1.99 - but they are on offer right now in Asda for just £1.00, according to their website.

Disclaimer I was sent the Biscuit Moments free of charge for the purposes of this review.  I was not told what to write & all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?