Friday 14 September 2012

Memories...

I've been sorting through some old "stuff" this afternoon, all those things that you can't bear to part with, shove in a bag or the back of a drawer, and then find many many years later & wonder "why on EARTH did I keep this?"

Well, amongst the things I found were a pair of Coca-Cola "spinners".  Trick yo-yos, to you & me.  Apparently it was something to do with copyright on the word yoyo.

I remember collecting coke ring pulls for what felt like forever to get my red spinner, and the coke promotions team coming to our school.  If you could do a certain number of tricks, you could win a silver, or even a gold spinner.  Somehow I won the gold one.  I don't know how, I can remember being pretty bad, even then.  I could do "Round the World", which was just whizzing it round in a big circle at the end of the string. Now, it's about all I can do to get it to come back up!

Did you have one?  Can you remember how to jailbreak a "normal" yoyo & turn it into a trick one?  And could you ever actually do any of the tricks?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and to the commenter on this page that blogger has marked as spam: My contact details are on the "Contact Me" tab above. If you were human, you'd see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these I remember something similar at Burger king

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?