Monday 18 April 2011

Shloer Summer Fruit Punch Review

After having tried some of the regular Shloer earlier this year, I was really pleased to be offered the chance to try the limited edition Shloer Summer Punch variant. I've been waiting for a suitably sunny day to sit outside with a glass, but they only seem to be happening when I'm at work. Bah, I say.  So instead I'm sampling in the comfort of my living room while Squeaky's asleep & her Daddy's on a late shift.

The Summer Fruit Punch, like the rest of the Shloer range is alcohol free, based on grape juice.  This one though, is something a bit different.  It's kind of a non-alcoholic version of a certain long drink, usually served with a load of bits of fruit in the glass, popular at Wimbledon.  You know the one I mean!

And?  Well, it is a very grown up tasting drink.  I have a sneaking feeling you could get away with serving it to people and having them think it was boozy.  I can't quite describe the flavour, Jilly Goolden would probably say things about cinnamon sticks & fresh cut grass. It's not sweet, which is what I was expecting, most "fruit punch" type flavours are just strawberry and apple and cloyingly sweet.  This isn't that at all, it's proper grown up and delicious.

Shloer have also launched a facebook app, The Shloer Sunday Cookbook, where users can share recipes, pick up ideas, and enter each month's competition to win a half day's cookery course.  I missed the date to submit my recipe this month, but watch out in the future!

What did I serve my Summer Fruit Punch with? I'm sure you're dying to know.  Well, I didn't have quite as much fruit to hand as the picture above, so a simple slice of plum (yum yum, I'm addicted to plums at the moment), and served alongside a cheese & onion pasty.  Who said this blogging lark wasn't glamorous?

Disclosure: I was provided with a bottle of Shloer Summer Fruit Punch free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?