Tuesday 30 October 2012

Palmers Body Butters - Review

Christmas is fast approaching (sorry, but it's true).  If the men (I'm talking grandpa as well here, I'm not that sort of girl!) in your life are anything like the men in mine, then they're a nightmare to buy presents for.  Women are easy to please, or I am at any rate. If it's sparkly, or smells nice, I'm a happy bunny.    There's only so many jumpers & socks a man can usefully receive though.  And why shouldn't men have the chance to be pampered?

When Palmers offered me the chance to try out some of their Body Butters, and offered me some more "manly" scents, I was intrigued.  Palmers, to me, means cocoa butter, and much as I love it, it's not exactly manly.  I shouldn't have been concerned.  I received two tubs, the Shea Body Butter, and the Coconut Body Butter.

The coconut is a much lighter smell than I imagined, and SqueakyDaddy, who I enlisted as chief tester, said he liked it.  Strong words indeed.  It's subtle, and after 5 minutes, the smell has pretty much worn off, so he can use it before work, and by the time he's driven there, no-one would be any the wiser that he might be the kind of man who uses *shock horror* moisturiser!

L-R: Coconut Body Butter, Shea Body Butter
However, it was the Shea Body Butter that was the real hit.  I love Shea butter, it's rich and smooth, but there's very little smell to it at all.  Daddy's just spent a few days sunning himself in Spain, and he's come back with a slightly sunburnt head.  Apparently the Shea Body Butter is just the thing to soothe the tight & dry skin on his head.  I haven't been able to get anywhere near it, and my elbows are suffering as a result!

It might be an unusual gift for a man, but you know they're not going to get the same from anyone else.  Whether you've got a style-conscious teen in the house, a metrosexual man about town, a sunburnt hubby in need of a bit of TLC, or grandpa who's great at administering hugs, I think a Palmers Body Butter would make a great stocking filler.  Oh, and they're pretty cool for women too!  At £4.99 for a 170g tub, they're an affordable bit of luxury against the winter weather and a perfect Christmas treat.

Disclosure: I was sent the Coconut & Shea Body Butters free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive any reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?