Friday 5 October 2012

Bingo Lingo

We're off on our travels again this weekend.  It seems like we spend most of our free time, at least in the reasonable months, trekking off to some holiday park somewhere, and our evenings in the entertainment watching Squeaky hare around like a miniature maniac.

Part of the whole holiday park experience, and to be honest a pretty unavoidable part, is the bingo.  And they take it very, very seriously.  I'm rarely prepared, and have been known to use emergency substitutes, such as an out-of-favour lipstick to mark my bingo card, but I'm learning.  I've even bought my own bingo dabber now, look!

Trouble is, I get distracted.  The traditional bingo calls, well, what IS that all about, I ask you.  A Flea In Heaven?  (37, in case you didn't know)  I spend too much time giggling & not enough time marking my bingo card.

Costa Bingo have launched a competition for bloggers to come up with their own Bingo Lingo, something a bit more relevant, a bit more fun, and that maybe makes a little more sense.  I racked my brains, and came up with a couple...



All the twos, Noels Red Boxes, it's 22.
Deal or No Deal has taken the whole world by storm.  It was launched in the UK in 2005, but started in other countries a few years earlier.  One thing the worldwide shows have in common though is those 22 boxes, normally red, but they change colour for special shows.  A show all about luck, what better match for a game of Bingo!








Eight & Five, the Black Ball Final, it's 85

OK, this one might be a little less popular.  But 18 million of us stayed up past our bedtimes in 1985 to watch Dennis Taylor beat Steve Davis on the last ball of the Embassy World Snooker Championships, and I'm sure a few of them are playing bingo right now!  I'm a huge snooker fan, this would just make me smile so much to hear this bingo call.  Snooker is a game all about numbers, just like bingo, and can't you just picture celebrating a win, Dennis Taylor style?

I really wanted to find a way to include snooker's maximum break in my Bingo Lingo, but bingo only goes up to 90, far short of the 147 of snooker.  But Dennis' win was so memorable, and so much fun, I just couldn't resist.  You know how it is.

This post is associated with the Bingo Lingo competition from Costa Bingo. To find out more information go to http://www.costabingo.com/skin/costa-bingo-lingo-twitter-competition.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?