Sunday 23 January 2011

Sacla' Dallaglio Pasta Sauce Review

One for the adults this.

I'm trying to figure out a way to include that really bad joke about Sven Goran Eriksson's ex deciding that she preferred rugby to football, and if she married the right Anglo-Italian Number 8, she could be Nancy Dell'Olio Dallaglio, but I can't make it work.  Sorry.

Anyways, bad jokes aside, I was very pleased to receive a jar of the Sacla' Dallaglio Diavola pasta sauce to try out recently.  I've said before, we're a big pasta eating family, so this really tickled my tastebuds.  We had a recipe suggestion as well, but as SqueakyDaddy's a bit of a finicky soul, I went with my own variation, and teamed the Diavola sauce with some strips of quick-cook steak, a healthy splash of red wine, and half a dozen nests of tagliatelle.  Oh, and some garlic bread, but that's not on the photo.

GLORIOUS!!  I said at the start, it's one for the adults.  Seriously.  It's hot.  Not so hot that all you can taste is heat, but it's chilli-hot, and rich and far too good to share with small people.  FAR too good.  As long as you're sharing it with your beloved, then it would make for a great Valentine's Day meal, simple and easy to prepare so you can spend more time together, but tastes like you've spent hours slaving over a hot stove.  And if they think you've spent hours slaving away, then you're entitled to expect wine, flowers AND chocolates in return.  Hmmmmm... *plotting*

In short, delicious, but keep it away from the children!

Disclosure: I was provided with a jar of Dallaglio pasta sauce free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?