Wednesday 9 June 2010

Food, glorious food

Since the Throwing Up Our Breakfast Adventures of last week, we decided to try a little experiment. Thanks to my joining Every Single Mailing List Evar, I had a load of free samples, including a small packet of HIPP baby rice. Just enough for a few days' of trying.

Honestly, Squeaky never ceases to amaze me. Not only did she love her baby rice, but within 5 minutes, she was trying to help me with the spoon! None of the dramas, tears & refusals I'd heard of from others, just plain old enjoyment. We've been eating it for 5 days now, and not a problem in sight. I was slightly dreading telling our health visitor, being as they recommend 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding, but she was all for it. As long as Squeaky's happy, growing, and doing all the right things (and believe me she is, now), and she clearly wanted more than just milk, then they're fine with it. Just a warning not to expect her to be wanting a 3 course Sunday dinner by next week.

Now, as the freebie is running out, I've been shopping today, and we've got more rice, as well as baby porridge & some banana & peach breakfast stuff. The experiment continues, wonder which will go down the best, and which will just go down her vest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?