Monday 21 June 2010

Don't throw it away...

I have slightly less than zero qualms over second hand baby gear.  They outgrow clothes, and toys so quickly nothing gets the chance to wear out.  In fact I have very few qualms over second hand grown-up gear either (I couldn't find a way to use the word adult there without it sounding like I meant 2nd hand sex toys), except when it comes to things like underwear.  I'd like to keep that new TYVM.

But yeah, otherwise, second hand is good.  We've been given a load of used baby clothes & kit from friends & family whose children have outgrown them, and I've picked up more on my travels.  I don't really see the point in paying for second hand supermarket clothes, they aren't that well made, and they're so cheap new, I don't mind buying them.

However, we've scored some lovely bits & bats in car boot sales & the NCT nearly new sale.  A LaMaze spinny toy for £3 (about £15 new), a VTech apple thing for £1 (about £10 new), clothes from OshKosh, Oililly, Next & Rocha Little Rocha for £1 or so each.  All looking as good as new, and in some cases, I suspect they probably were unused.

They all get a good wash, or a good going over with the Dettol, as appropriate, before Her Squeaky Highness gets anywhere near them, just to be on the safe side.  But who's going to know whether her things are brand new or not, and who's going to care?  She doesn't, I don't, it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?