Saturday 19 October 2013

Peppa Pig Daddy Pig's Puddle Jump App Review

We've recently become the proud owners of an iPad in Squeaky Towers, and that means something important. No longer do I have to look at press releases and adverts for apps that are only available for Apple products with an envious look in my eye (and a glare towards my elderly android phone)  So when the chance arose for Squeaky to try out the latest Peppa Pig app - Daddy Pig's Puddle Jump, I was hot on the download button.


Daddy Pig's Puddle Jump app is pretty much what it says in the title.  You can choose to be Daddy Pig, Peppa or George, and guide your character to jump over bushes, on trampolines, down slopes and into muddy puddles.  You're awarded one, two or three mud splats depending on how well you do on each round.


Except it's pretty much impossible to work out how the splats are awarded.  We've been back & forth through the levels, and nothing seems to make any difference. Hit the puddles, jump higher, miss bushes, run faster, hit the trampoline at the end. I really can't tell, and that's a bit disheartening for a very competitive three year old, who is determined to get three splats on every level, but can't find out how.


Sadly too, the puddle jump app is the only game on this app.  For £1.49, the same price as other Peppa games, it doesn't hold the attention that long.  Maybe we've been spoiled with Happy Mrs Chicken and Polly Parrot (both of which have recently updated & have a new mini game each!), with 5 mini games and the stickers to play with, but this is a stand alone game, and even though Squeaky is a Peppa obsessive, she gets bored with it quickly, and moves on to other apps, or trying to sabotage my emails.

How?
Unless your child has already got the other Peppa Pig apps, and is the kind of obsessive completest who has to have absolutely everything in every possible format (see my Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy collection!), then this isn't the best value Peppa app available.  Squeaky enjoys it, but enjoys others more.

Peppa Pig, Daddy Pig's Puddle Jump is available from iTunes for £1.49.

Disclosure: I was provided with a code to download this app free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme and will not receive reward for their use.

2 comments:

  1. You do know that Peppa pig has saved many a lunch time for me !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to play this app with my daughter. She loves the Peppa Pig apps and will be happy to have another! Look at Daddy Pig - he's having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?