Friday 4 October 2013

Garrett Gourmet Popcorn Review

Garrett popcorn is something of a Chicago institution.  You know how London has its pie and mash, Blackpool has its fish & chips, well Chicago has Garrett popcorn.  And I've been lucky enough to try some out for myself, as Garrett are soon to be launching in the UK.


When I mentioned online the fact I was tucking in to my tub of Chicago mix popcorn (a mind-melting combination of caramel and cheese popcorns, trust me, it works!), my American ex-pat friends got very jealous, until I told them about Garrett's forthcoming UK launch, which was met with the response "Best News Ever!"  Honestly, I didn't realise it was so good.  That's where I was wrong.

Chicago Mix
It really is rather lovely stuff, you know.  The kernels are a special variety unique to Garrett, air popped so there's less fat, and I don't think I spotted a single unpopped kernel in my popcorn, something of a record.  The caramel is sweet, without being excessively so, the cheese is sharp and full flavoured, and together, well it shouldn't work, but totally does.  I love sweet and savoury taste combinations, so this was right up my street.  The fact that Squeaky Daddy doesn't like popcorn, and Squeaky herself is a bit hesitant is all the better! Mine! And I don't have to share!

Your popcorn is served!
The information says that Garrett fans proudly show off their cheesy fingers, and I can believe that, the cheese powder does stain your hands a bit, not one to eat before an important meeting, or when wearing your wedding dress!  But I don't care about that, I'm a child of the 80's, Wotsit fingers were a way of life in my mis-spent youth.  Garrett prepare their popcorn instore fresh every day, and I can't wait to join the queue in London, because I've already finished my sample!

Pop along to http://www.garrettpopcorn.com to keep an eye out for their UK launch, it's going to be something amazing!

Disclosure: I was provided with the above sample of Garrett popcorn free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own. Links are provided for convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

2 comments:

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?