Monday 15 August 2011

Utter Confusion

I've been pondering for a while how to wrestle Upsy Daisy from Squeaky's grasp for long enough to give her a good wash and get her dry without Squeaky noticing she's missing.  Unfortunately it's the wrong time of year to be able to stick her on a hot radiator to dry, and my tumble dryer doesn't work very well.

So the best idea I've had so far, or so I thought, was "Why not get a spare?"  Then I could swap Real Daisy for Deputy Daisy, and get the real one washed & replaced while the deputy was standing in.

No.  I already know that different sized Daisies are Not Daisy.  There's a larger one at my parents' house, and while it's daisy, it's not Daisy, and just won't do.  But I thought that maybe an identical one would work.  Yesterday we were in the supermarket, Squeaky firmly clutching on to Daisy, when I spotted a box of small ITNG plushes, including a Daisy.  Squeaky loves cuddling all the toys in the shop, so we'd already said hello to a Makka Pakka, a Timmy (from Timmy Time), and a couple of ZingZillas, before I handed her the Daisy.

She beamed at her straight away.  Then looked at her other hand, and saw Real Daisy.  Threw the Deputy Daisy on the floor and howled!  Oh dear.  That's not going to work, is it?  Deputy Daisy just wasn't grubby enough, and let's face it, she wasn't Daisy.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.

There's only one Upsy Daisy!
(Oh, and there's no Magpie Monday post this week due to the attack of Lurgy we had last week, no time for shopping)

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same dilemma with a Peek Squeak Lion. Bat sucks his tail while she's falling asleep and it is honest-to-god *foul* by now, but her sleep is not something I wish to disturb... argh. I also have a fear that the magic will wash out with the grime and his tail will never work again. So he just gets ineffectual little rinses now and then between naps, and she carries on sucking down god knows what.

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?