Friday 12 August 2011

Tights Please Review

The lovely people at Tights Please recently sent me a pair of tights for Squeaky to review.  I'd heard of Tights Please before, but only for adults, and I didn't think they'd stock children's tights as well - but I was wrong. I like being wrong.

I know, it's summer, not the tights season, but have you looked outside recently?  It's howling down today, our summer clothes have barely left the drawer.  Tights Please sent us a pair of CountryKids daisy stripe cotton tights.  I was pleasantly surprised to find them in a size 6-18 months, slightly unusual, but it meant for a small sized Squeaky, they're a great fit.  A broad age range suggests there's plenty of stretch, so they should last longer than average.

The design is really attractive, with a repeating striped daisy pattern (hence the name?) which continues all the way up to the top of the legs.  Obvious? Well, not to other patterned tights we've had in the past.  They're cute, but not overly girly, and the colour matches really well with denim - shorts & tights or a denim skirt & tights are fairly common outfits for Squeaky, so they were a perfect choice.

See?  Big daisies and smaller daisies with stems & leaves.  Squeaky's slightly obsessed with a certain Upsy Daisy at the moment, so I'm working on convincing her that these are her special Daisy tights, and if she's wearing these it means she can leave Upsy at home without tears & tantrums.  We'll see how that pans out, eh?

Squeaky tried them out with a pair of shorts, and found that they fitted nicely, with a fair amount of room for growth.  The tights were really soft, and stayed put despite wriggling, running around and general toddler-ness.

I'm a supermodel, mummy!
In the interest of giving a proper review, they've been through the wash as well, after wearing.  The tights washed nicely, dried quickly, and have stayed in shape when dried on the indoor airer (I've mentioned the weather around here already!). I'm always wary of line drying anything with the potential to stretch, so the airer gets a lot of use in our house.

Tights Please have got a great range of tights for babies, children, teens and adults (including outsize and maternity - why didn't I find them while I was pregnant?) with ranges to suit pretty much every taste and budget, and an option to pay one delivery charge for multiple orders in a 12 month period, rather than a separate delivery charge for each order, and 99% of orders arrive within 2 days of dispatch, with in-stock orders made before 3.30pm being dispatched same day.

I'm really impressed by the quality of the tights we received, and by the range available online.  In fact, I'm very very tempted  to buy myself these skeggings.  I'm torn between love & hate of portmanteau words like skeggings (skirt/leggings combo, if you're still wondering), but the idea makes me a happy bunny.  Am I young & trendy enough, that's the question?

Disclosure: I was provided with a pair of tights free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculously cute! And the tights aren't bad, either! :D

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?