Monday 14 February 2011

Shloer Review - or Valentine's Day at La Maison Du Squeak

As I said in my last post, we went visiting SqueakyDaddy's family over the weekend.  And came back last night to find one of those little notes from the postie to say there was a parcel for me at the sorting office.  Off I went to pick it up & came away with two huge polystyrene tubes, each containing a bottle of Shloer.

Perfect timing for Valentine's Day.  For a lot of people, it's an unfortunate bit of timing, Valentine's Day falling on a Monday this year, what with work and/or school the next day, you can't really indulge in a meal in a restaurant, with a bottle of champagne.  (I used to work in a restaurant, I KNOW how much they put the prices up and squash extra tables in)  But for us it's even more of an issue.  SqueakyDaddy works strange shifts, and was off to work for 4pm today, so our Valentine's meal had to be lunch.  And there's no way you can have a bottle of bubbly over lunch, and drive in to work for a 10 hour shift.  And that's where the Shloer came in beautifully.

Poured into a champagne flute, it looks, and tastes, very grown up indeed.  Enough to feel like an adult, not a kid with a fizzy drink at the dinner table, but without pretending to be alcohol.  We had the white grape, teamed with tomato & bacon pasta, but there's also Red Grape, Rosé, Apple and White Grape, White Grape, Raspberry and Cranberry and White Grape and Elderflower, so there's something to go with every meal, and something for every palate.  And at £1.97 a bottle, it's a treat for your bank balance as well.

Pop over to Shloer's facebook page for some lovely recipes to go with your bottle.  I know Valentine's day is today, and so you've already either celebrated or ignored it, but why not surprise your other half, or treat yourself, to a special meal another time? Shloer, like romance, is for life, not just for Valentine's Day.

Disclosure: I was provided with 2 bottles of Shloer free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?