Sunday 13 May 2012

Baking for the bored. Cheese & Apple Scones

Ingredients


200g Self Raising Flour
50ml instant oatmeal/porridge (own brand or Ready Brek, that sort of stuff)
125g cheese, diced or grated (I used a grated mature cheddar, but whatever makes you happy)
50g soft butter, cubed
1 tsp baking powder
1 large eating apple (I used Braeburn) peeled, cored & diced or grated
4-6 tablespoons milk
pinch of salt

*Pre-heat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6 & grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
*Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl & add the oatmeal. Add the butter & rub together til you form fine breadcrumbs
*Add the apple & cheese & combine together
*Add most of the milk & mix into a soft dough. Keep a little milk bake to glaze the scones before baking.
*Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 2cm thick.
*Use a pastry cutter to cut scones, try not to over-work the dough combining the trimmings to make extras.
*Place scones on a baking tray, glaze with remaining milk & cook for around 15 minutes until golden brown.



If I can make them, you can!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?