Thursday 5 April 2012

On My Birthday meme

Kate over at The Five Fs has set herself, and the wider internet a challenge. She's collecting every day of the year in posts to the On My Birthday meme. So I'm adding my two pennorth for 4th January


What you will have to do is answer questions about your birthday. If you don't know where to look, the best way is to go to Wikpedia, type in your birthday in the search box and it will tell you all you ever want to know (and more) about your special day. Obviously, you can take what is said with a pinch of salt but it's mostly correct.  I actually did a similar meme way back in 2006 (OMG!), so I went on a hunt & have dug a few of the answers out from there.


So, here goes the questions...


When is your birthday? 4th January


Pick three people who share your birthday and share what you know about them
Michael Stipe. Lead singer of REM, prone to singing songs that make me cry.
Beth Gibbons. Lead singer of Portishead, also prone to singing songs that make me cry.
Craig Revel-Horwood. Ranked third in "People on Strictly I'd like to slap" after Brucie & Brendan Cole.

There's also a load of people I've never heard of, Louis Braille, and James Bond.  Not THAT James Bond, being fictional and all, but another one.

Is anyone listed as being born on the same say as you (i.e. in the same year)? If so, what do you know about them?
An American baseball player, and a cyclist from Luxembourg. I've never heard of either of them, so that's your lot.

List three people who died on your birthday and tell us what you know about them.
Erwin Schrödinger (status of the cat unconfirmed)
Phil Lynott - lead singer of Thin Lizzy. At least one song that makes me cry.
Gerry Rafferty - the Baker Street bloke. At last, a song that doesn't make me cry. And Bob Holness did not play the saxophone on it.

List three notable events that took place on your birthday.
1958 - Sputnik 1 falls to earth
1959 - Luna 1 becomes the first spacecraft to reach the vicinity of the moon
2004 - NASA's Mars rover "Spirit" lands on Mars

My birthday is a really good day for space things.

Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday
Independence Day in Myanmar, celebrating their independence from the United Kingdom. It's either that or the Eastern Orthodox church's celebration of 4th January.

So, that's my birthday.  I'm going to tag 
to share their birthdays with the world (I love a good meme!), and as ever, if I haven't actually tagged you, but you want a go, consider yourself tagged.

On my birthday


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, love this! Thanks for the tag. I'm off to Wikipedia :)

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?