Friday 13 April 2012

Claudia Morris - Light Up My Life Review

I'm not exactly one of the "young & trendies" any more.  I'd struggle to pick Lady Gaga out of a lineup, unless she had that meat dress on.  That doesn't take away the fact that I love music, but in the words of everyone's dad "music with a tune, not just noise!", and so I'm always happy to listen to something new.

I've been sent a copy of Claudia Morris' new single, Light Up My Life, which is being released later this month in support of Allergy UK, the UK's leading charity dealing with allergies and allergic conditions.  Claudia's daughter suffers multiple food allergies, so the charity is one that is close to her heart.  A donation of £1 is made to Allergy UK for each copy sold, so she hopes that the single will help make a real difference to their work.

I've had the CD on repeat in my car for the last few days, and I honestly do like it.  Claudia's voice is smooth & rich, and the song works well with that.  It reminds of something I can't quite put my finger on, it could just be a slightly retro, traditional feel, and that's cool. The backing is beautiful, it grows and builds with the song, without ever overpowering.  (And at risk of gushing, I like the second track on the cd as much, if not more... but you'll have to get your own copy!)

The simplicity of the video complements the song, and the message, and shows the joy that Claudia gets from singing, and showcasing the extraordinary talents of Claudia and the musical team that worked to make the song a reality.  Have a peek at the video here...



Claudia is appearing live at Pizza Express Soho's Jazz Club Live on Sunday 15th April, Pizza Express, 10 Dean Street, London, W1D 3RW.  http://pizzaexpresslive.co.uk/jazzList.aspx

The single, Light Up My Life is released on 23rd April 2012.

Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the CD single free of charge for the purpose of this review. I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of an affiliate scheme & will not receive payment for their use.

1 comment:

  1. You're trendier than you think...at least you knew about the meat dress! Miss you x

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?