Friday 8 August 2014

Bonmarché, a real Good Buy

There, a bilingual joke. That's as academic as this blog is ever likely to get.  Well, you certainly didn't come here to read my so-called comedy, so on with the post.  I was honoured, yep actually honoured to be invited to the official opening of Bonmarché's brand spanking new Cardiff store last week, in the presence of gorgeous bloggers JoKate, and genuine real life celebrity in the form of David Emanuel.

With David Emanuel (and Peter Rabbit!)
If you haven't visited Bonmarché for a while, you might not know that David Emanuel, famous for designing Princess Diana's wedding dress, has teamed up with the store to create gorgeous and affordable clothes for each season. And who can resist the glamour of a designer name tag?  In fact, in a very strange coincidence, the day that my invitation arrived, I was wearing a top from one of David's previous Bonmarché collections.
So, it was clearly meant to be.  Squeaky and I bowled up to the store, just a little bit late because school holidays = chaos, and were greeted by a veritable crowd of people waiting to brush shoulders with fame, and get their hands on the latest collection.

A few of the pretties that caught my eye
Now, despite saying above that I've already got a few items from Bonmarché, I'll be honest and say that in my head I was expecting a mixture of basics and pastel cardies.  My auntie has a Bonmarché loyalty card for goodness sake.  However, I couldn't have been more wrong. Beautiful jewel brights, co-ordinating outfits and accessories, and fab wide leg trousers that are a million miles from the pension book crew.  Honestly, whatever you were thinking, forget it.  The store feels far more upmarket than I ever expected, with chandeliers & silver dressing tables, it seemed perfectly in keeping with the St David's centre, which has undergone a real swishing up in recent years & is home to a great selection of big names (and some equally big price tags!)

Boutique stylings
We were each invited to put an outfit together, and took off to the changing rooms in a whirl of giggles and cameras, much to the confusion of other shoppers. Apparently "it's ok, I'm a blogger" only goes so far in the real world.  But we did our thing anyway.  And I channelled my inner Toddlers & Tiaras and hammed it up for the camera, because, well, why not?

Don't laugh. Please.
We've got a branch of Bonmarché in my local town centre, though I'm not sure it's got the full range that I saw in Cardiff, I'll definitely be popping in.  Especially now I've got my own loyalty card - they're not just for aunties any more!

Disclosure: I was invited to this opening event and gifted with an item of my choice from the store's range in return for my honest review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme and will; not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?