Wednesday 28 May 2014

Bunny Loves To Learn - Parragon Book Buddies

After a short break (a dinosaur book that I simply couldn't get Squeaky to be interested in - though her new boyfriend over the road was much more impressed, and a month off), we're back with the Parragon Book Buddies, and our latest new story, Bunny Loves To Learn by Peter Bently.


Squeaky, as a new-ish schooly (the description they use at the nursery/out of school provision we use) really loves this book. The idea of school, learning, and dressing up tick almost all of her boxes.  If there were mermaids or chocolate ice cream, that's probably the only way she'd be any more excited.  It was very well timed as well, as her class in school have been looking at castles, knights, princes and princesses, so she was able to compare a little with the things they had learned at school and how they had dressed up in costumes as well.

I loved the illustrations, they had a huge amount of realistic texture (though it's not a touchy-feely book), and I really liked the use of books and computers within the pictures to share the information the animals were learning, and make their classroom more like the one Squeaky spends her days in.



One question Squeaky had for me, that I simply couldn't answer was "Why is it called Bunny Loves To Learn, when the rabbit is called Buster?".  Do you know, I'd asked myself the same question.  Buster, the bunny of the title, along with his friends Max, Sam and Francine are all small and furry (except for Francine the frog), but there is no mention of their animal status, and they are just referred to throughout the book by their names, not their animals.  So why is the book called Bunny Loves To Learn and not Buster Loves To Learn?

If you can answer that, I'll buy you an ice cream.

Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of the above book free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own. Links are provided for convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme and will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?