Saturday 30 June 2012

Paprika Chicken Pasta Salad

I love this salad, it's so easy.  And it won me a competition last year.  I entered it into a recipe competition for feta cheese, and won a huge big picnic hamper, so it's a lucky dish.  All the measurements are approximate, I'm afraid.  I'm not a very scientific cook, so it was all a case of eyeballing it & adding enough until it looked right.
Typical British summertime, it's raining!

Ingredients (serves 2)


One chicken breast
About 100g mini pasta shapes
About 100g feta cheese, cubed
Half a can of sweetcorn
About 8 sundried tomatoes
Roughly 3 teaspoons paprika

Method


Coat the chicken in the paprika until well covered.
Bake chicken breast in the oven for around 30 minutes, until cooked through.  (If, like Claire at Ninja Killer Cat, your oven has gone bang you could always grill the chicken, or use a health grill.
Remove chicken from the oven and allow to cool
Boil some water in a saucepan, and add the pasta.
Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pasta is al dente
Cut the chicken into rough cubes.
Once pasta is cooled, mix all ingredients in a bowl.  A little of the oil from the sundried tomatoes makes a good dressing
Serve, and hope for better weather.

As you can see, I served mine with home made pizza.  More about that, and a recipe, coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you xx .. for linking up look forward to the home made pizza as well.

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?