Sunday 17 February 2013

MitoQ Anti-Aging skincare Review

I'm becoming quite the beauty blogger here of late.  I'm not even sure how, it's just crept up on me, much like my age.  Well, never one to turn down trying something new, I was recently given the chance to try out MitoQ, a powerful antioxidant, anti-aging cream, which has just been launched in the UK.

The cream comes in a very stylish smoky 50ml bottle, with a pump action dispenser, something I always find comes in handy, as I can be quite heavy handed otherwise & end up squeezing out far more than I need.  According to the manufacturers, MitoQ is 1000 times more effective than other antioxidant creams, restores your skin's natural defences, and lightens & brightens your skin leaving you looking younger & hiding blemishes.  Sounds good to me, I need all the help I can get!

They claim that after 1 day your skin is radiant & hydrated, after 3 days your skin feels noticeably softer, and after 10-30 days skin will look younger with less fine wrinkles and scars.  I've been using MitoQ for about a week now, so I can't comment on that last one just yet.  Maybe I'll have to post a new picture next month, and you'll mistake me & Squeaky for twins!

I've been using MitoQ for about a week, as I said, and now I've got past the initial surprise of the colour of the cream.  I know certain other moisturisers are yellow (that one that's different, in a dramatic way!), but this is really yellow.  Custard yellow.  It doesn't matter though, it's the effect that counts.  The cream is really smooth and light, and easily absorbed into my skin, without any feeling of tightness or irritation.  I was pleased to notice that the cream is suitable for even hypersensitive skin types, as I am prone to reactions to some creams.
Nails: Leyla Soft Touch Effect Noir

It's also completely unscented.  Most times, that would mean there's a kind of base smell, while not unpleasant, not exactly pleasant either.  But no.  When I say MitoQ is unscented, I mean it has no smell.  At all.  That's strange but a good thing, as it means it won't interact with perfumes, and I'm not at all conscious of wearing it.

One thing to note is that MitoQ doesn't contain an SPF, so you will need to add a UV sunscreen or sunblock as well to protect your skin from UV damage.

MitoQ is available to order direct from their website.  It has a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try it with confidence.

Disclaimer: I was provided with a bottle of MitoQ free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

For Part 2 of this review, click here

10 comments:

  1. This was an awesome article on MitoQ. Custard yellow jeez!. Thanks for the post it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend got a free sample before purchasing such an expensive product but I don't see that offer. Do you know how to get a sample before purchase? Thanks, Florence Russ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they're still giving out a lot of free samples, but if you're on facebook, they run a weekly competition, giving away bottles. http://www.facebook.com/Mitoq?fref=ts

      Delete
  3. This is the worst cream I have used.
    And it s a lot of money when the two main ingredients are water and alcohol and there is only 5 ingredients to begin with.
    Also their customer service is simply awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you found that. It works for me, but everyone's skin's different I guess (there's 8 ingredients, by the way, I just counted from my box).

      I hope you find one that works better for you, thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to give it a look. You were not kidding about that custard look. Man, it is YELLOW! I live in AZ so I thank you for the UV warning. It would have been nice to see the ingredients. You are right about skin types. Perfumes work the same way. Some scents that smell good to you do not smell good on you. Your skin type or chemistry just does not mix well with that good smelling perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why on earth give a review after just one week's use, no help at all, surely you could have written another after using the whole bottle? Today's DM coverage means others like me will be searching the net for reviews and yours just says it is yellow, great help. I'm sure you'll delete this, but perhaps you could also write a proper review now you have used the bottle up.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had spent some of the time it took you to write three comments doing your own research, you would have found that I have already published a second review after a longer period of use. This was written in a specific tinescale requested by the company. Furthermore, the focus of today's Daily Mail article (not a publication known for its accuracy or balanced reporting) is on the supplement tablets, which I have not tried, and therefore am unable to comment on.

      Delete
    2. ... which you didn't link to.

      Delete
  6. I suggest reading comprehension lessons. The last line of the post, which has been present since April 2013 contains A LINK to the follow up post. However, if that's too challenging for your delicate little braincells, here it is again. http://squeakybaby.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/mitoq-8-weeks-on.html

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?