Friday 30 March 2012

Why I love my postman, or a Nick Jr Easter.

My postie is an absolute gem. He really is.  Considering the amount of parcels I'm responsible for him having to carry around on the offchance I'll be in when he rings the bell, I probably deserve my own personal postman now.  But when he handed me a big box earlier this week, I didn't realise what a great surprise was in store.

I opened the box, and found...  a hamper of Green & Black's dark chocolate (all for me! Squeaky Daddy is strictly a milk chocolate kind of guy, hooray!), and an Easter card, with a dvd giving us a sneak preview of Nick Jr's Easter offerings.  Luckily for our poor unsuspecting postman, by the time I'd opened the box, he was well out of range, or he might have got a great big chocolatey kiss!

Squeaky Daddy's been working late shifts this week, so it's been the perfect chance for Squeaky and me to have some serious Girly Time, and we cracked open the dvd (which came with a lovely set of postcards which Squeaky has been colouring in already), and settled down with some chocolate and the tv remote.

First up was Dora's Easter Adventure, which premiered on Nick Jr today (Friday 30th March), but we got to watch it a little bit early.  Join Dora & Boots on their adventures with the Hip Hop Bunny, and save the Big Easter Egg Hunt.  I won't spoil the story for you, if you haven't seen it yet, it's a full length episode full of excitement, chocolate eggs, and all your favourite Dora characters!  Squeaky hadn't really watched Dora before, though she's seen the toys and clothes, and she was fascinated, and kept holding her Dora doll up to the TV in amazement (and commenting on hats, her current obsession).  The show is repeated on Sunday morning at 11.00, and a few more times over the Easter holidays.

Next on the menu was Team Umizoomi who were on an Easter Egg Hunt, diving down rabbit holes in search of the special rainbow egg.  I'll be honest & say I've not seen Team Umizoomi before, but I'm assured it's a regular when Daddy's at home with Squeaky, and she certainly recognised Milli, Geo & Bot, and loved joining in practising her numbers, as well as spotting all the eggs.  The show is coming to Nick Jr in April.

Finally, we had two episodes of the brand new series Tickety Toc, starring twins Tommy & Tallulah Tockety, who are the boy and girl who pop out of a very special clock every hour to chime the time.  But what do they get up to when they go back inside?  We followed Tommy & Tallulah on two of their adventures, and Squeaky was absolutely transfixed.  The show launches on 23rd April, but I'm not sure she's going to wait that long, we'll be wearing holes in the dvd before then!  Squeaky is getting quite into routines, and concepts like "tea time", "bath time", "pens time" (don't ask) and Tickety Toc fits really well with that, as well as having gorgeous animation that Squeaky really took a shine to.

Thank you Nick Jr, for my very tasty treats, and for Squeaky's entertainment.  Daddy's at home over the next few evenings, if I was a softer soul, I'd buy him a treat as well, but isn't my company enough?

Disclosure: I was provided with a preview DVD & selection of Easter treats free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not told what to write, and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for your convenience only, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive reward for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?