Thursday 23 January 2014

The end of an era

It's a sad day. A very sad day. The end of an era, the passing of time comes to us all. For today I have had to bid farewell to an old friend. One who has been with me through good times and bad. Seen me laugh, seen me cry, seen me curl up & moan with a hangover.

For yes, today officially marks the day I have accepted the fact that my once favourite, much used, much loved, well worn out duvet set has not so much seen better days, but seen better decades.



Fare thee well in the next life, old red bedding set.

I'll be honest, I'm the kind of girl who doesn't like to spend too much money on bed linen, after all I'm asleep when I'm in it, so I can't see it.  I can't even remember where I bought this set from, but it was almost certainly in the sale.  I do love the feel of new linen though, and newly washed linen, so now I've got a good excuse to go out & buy something now, don't you think?

To be fair to the old red set, it doesn't really go with my current bedroom, which is all blues & greys, whereas it went perfectly in our old house with its red & cream bedroom.  So maybe it was time.  I'd love something like the set below, that would be perfect. Sadly they're in the US, and I'm not good at international bedding sizes.  Boo hoo.  Wonder what I can find bargain hunting instead?

2 comments:

  1. If you're bargain hunting, I got a gorgeous set in The Range - it's the polka dotty/flowery one and I love it. It was about £12 and they had loads of patterns.

    ReplyDelete

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?