Thursday 30 January 2014

Nom Nom Kids reuseable pouches

Squeaky is a fussy child. I might have said that once or twice before.  She drives me to distraction with the foods she will or won't eat, and the way she'll eat them.  She does love a good "squeezy yogurt" though, or "squeezy fruit", and while these are available in the supermarket, they cost a good deal more than the more traditionally packaged equivalents, which adds another few quid to an already stretched budget.

So when I heard about Nom Nom Kids, and their refillable, reuseable pouches, I was really excited.  I know, I know.

It's such a simple idea.  The kind of thing where you think "why didn't I think of that".  The pouches look just like the supermarket ones, the caps are identical, but they have a zipper seal on the one side, and are able to be personalised to identify exactly what's inside, and any serving or storage instructions.  Designed by a mum frustrated with children's eating issues, they're a simple solution to a problem many of us face.

For Squeaky, they mean I can buy supermarket value yogurts, or make my own fruit purees, and serve them up in a squeezy pouch, meaning she doesn't make a mess and is more inclined to eat them.  For younger children, it means home made veg purees and weaning foods are easier to take out & about, rather than buying the expensive ready made pouches - especially important if your child has a food allergy or intolerance.
Nom Nom indeed!

The pouches are DBC, Phthalate and PVC free, and freezer and dishwasher safe.  Even though we haven't got a dishwasher (no space in our kitchen, sadly) they're still really easy to clean, as the inside of the pouch slopes so there are no awkward corners to trap bits of food in.  And because the pouch opens out on the side, it's stable when you're filling it, so no mess in the kitchen.

Squeaky loves the animal design, especially the giraffe (because of her ongoing obsession with giraffes & their bodily functions), and the bright colours make the pouch easy to spot should she suddenly decide to be tidy & put the empty pouch in the bin rather than the washing up bowl.  I love being able to quickly prepare something she sees as a real treat by simply pouring a pot of yogurt or chocolate pudding into a pouch - I feel like SuperMum!

Nom Nom Kids pouches are available to buy online at £6.95 for a pack of three reusable pouches.  Single pouches and replacement lids are also available.

Disclosure: I was provided with a set of three pouches free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not told what to write and all opinions are my own.  Links are provided for convenience, I am not a member of any affiliate scheme & will not receive payment for their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?