Monday 23 January 2012

Cooking With Mummy Episode 2!

 Hello, and welcome to another episode of Cooking With Mummy!  I'm your host, Squeaky, and this time, I'm going to show you how to make Yummy Pumpkin Cupcakes.  Don't forget, Mummy's not a very good cook, she needs all the help I can give her.  She also forgot to take many photos of these cakes, what am I going to do with her?
To make Yummy Pumpkin Cupcakes, you'll need a packet of cake mix.  Mummy says they are better, but I think she just doesn't like doing the measuring.  Before you mix everything together, get some orange food colouring (or yellow & red. I learned that today, they make orange!)  Add this to any other liquid you've got to mix in - you'll want quite a bit of colouring.  You could also add some flavouring, we used orange flavour too, it's delicious.  Mix it all together, and see how bright the colours are!  Upsy Daisy helped mix too.
 Put the mix into some cake cases, and get Mummy to put them in the oven.  I knew Mummy would come in handy for something, she doesn't even burn herself now, since Grandma gave her those things to go on the edge of the racks!  Leave the cakes in the oven until they grow.
Once your cakes have grown, you can get some fondant icing, and some green colouring, and mix them up to make little green stalks to go on top of your cakes to make them look like pumpkins.  Sort of.  Mummy isn't very good at this, is she?
All that's left to do then is eat!  And as you can see, I don't like to waste a crumb!

Mummy would like me to add that this is her entry into the Appliances Online Messy Kids Cooking Competition at Baby Budgeting. I'd like to add that cupcakes are yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know what? I love comments. Sometimes I even reply! So leave me a message & brighten up my day!

Please note: Comments on posts over 14 days old are moderated, don't panic. If you're human I will publish. If you're a spammer, I won't, but you can't read this anyway, can you?